Reported by Sa’d bin Abu Waqqas (RA): We were with the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) when he asked, “Is anyone of you unable to earn a thousand good deeds?”
One of those present asked: “How can one earn thousand good deeds in a day?”
He (peace be upon him) replied, “By saying Subhan Allah a hundred times, then one thousand good deeds will be recorded for him or one thousand sins will be blotted out from his record.”
Al-Bukhari relates on the authority of Abu Hurairah who quotes the Prophet (ﷺ) as saying: “Speed up the funeral; if it is one of a good person, you are only taking that person to a good prospect. If otherwise, then he is no more than an evil you are putting off your shoulders.”
Someone asked Hassan al Basri r.a :
“What is the secret of your piety?”
He replied, “I understood 4 things:
1. I understood my rizq cannot be taken by anyone so my heart contended.
2. I understood no one can do my actions (worship) so I started doing them myself.
3. I understood Allah (swt) is watching me, so I felt ashamed to do wrong
4. I understood death is waiting for me so I started to prepare for my meeting Allah swt. “
Inna illahi wa inna ilayhi…
Nairobi shooting update: My cousins (a brother and a sister) were shot. The sister (22 yrs old) passed away, and her brother is in critical condition after being shot in the heart. Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raajiuun. Please continue your prayers.
1. It is not from the deficiencies, but rather from good manners, that the husband shares in the responsibility of specified matters, such as the mending of garments or what is similar to that.
2. It is appropriate for a man to not restrict himself from serving himself….
will probably reblog this for the rest of forever
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم): “The best of you are those who are best to their families, and I am the best of you to my family.” [at-Tirmidhi]